Friday, April 24, 2009

its not me its you.

I went to the movies the other night with a couple of my girlfriends.


The theater we went to was one from my younger years; top of the line circa 1992.


The last time I was there was the winter of 2005 when I watched a Gummi bear travel across Middle Earth.


When I took my seat I was shocked at how, erm, small it seemed. I wondered...had they made the seats smaller or had my ass just become that much bigger....


At the end of the show the lights came on and I absorbed my dated surroundings. Examining the seats, I rationalized and justified.


It was the seats fault. It had to be.


Cause' you know...it couldn't possibly be my ass.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I hear it is some sort of conspiracy. If you are uncomfortable in your seat you will inevitably get up more and then spend money at the snack stand. Because what else do you do when you get out of your seats at the movies.

Mayzie said...

maybe it's the same thing you experience when you go back to your old elementary school and the hallways and desks just look so tiny. Yeah, that's gotta be it.

Sitemeter