Let me tell you a little something about cloth diapering. Oh sure it is all honorable to go about disposing of my child's waste in an environmentally friendly way. Poop does not bother me, no way no how. I laugh in the face of laundry...(at least while my internet is down)...I have front a loading washer and dryer afterall.
Note: If you have the means...go buy them right now. I'll wait.
I have been using cloth on and off for about a month but today was my first full cloth day.
...and let me tell you...I under estimated the amount of stuff baby poop can actually get on.
Severely under estimated.
- One baby
- Three pairs of pants
- Two onezies (that last one was missed by the smallest margin)
- Two pairs of socks
- One Robeez (if there is only one of them is it a Robee?)
- The changing pad
- The changing pad cover
- The other changing pad cover
- All three of the emergency changing pad cover protectors
- The changing table
- The wipe box
- The basket the wipe box is in
- The anti-bacterial hand gel
- A Pampers Swaddler-the non-waste of which was ironically behind this whole lets go cloth thing
- Yep, you guessed it...the wall
- Oh yeah...lets not forget. ME
I am in no way giving up. If anything this has strengthened my resolve to do the right thing by the earth and my baby's bottom...besides there are 3 disposable diapers left in the house so it's not like I have left myself a choice here.
Now...if you'll excuse me. I have about 2 hours worth of laundry and cleaning to do....and when I am done with that 355 feeds (again a big shout out to AT&T) to sort through.
...going to be a long night.
hmmm 36 hours and that the best I could do huh...