Sunday, December 9, 2007

I'm a member of the club and I have the card to prove it!

Hi.

I'm back.

I'm a Mommy.

Wow, I mean I knew it but seeing it here makes it all the more real.

Everything makes it more real.
I am still in a little bit of shock I think. I look at her, and look and look and look. Trying to memorize every little part of her before it grows....or before my shock and awe is worn away by sleepless nights (check time stamp please) and fits of what we now refer to as..."Unrelenting Riley Action".

There is a reason she was so active on the inside.

We are still working on nicknames...not to mention a blog-worthy name.

Here is what we have so far...Pumpkin Seed, Muffin Butt, Peanut (this is what I went by so I favor it), Gum Drop..but really the most fitting is The Unrelenting Riley.

She never gives up...She never surrenders.

Her most important trait, that is why she is here.

I have always believed in her; When the nurses began to move not with panic but quickly and with greater purpose; When they had me changing position searching for a dropping heart rate; When I knew something was wrong.

They cut her out of me, they told us finally that she was a SHE.... and whisked her away. We just waited. I prayed.

And then she was there, and she was perfect, and so beautiful.

Relentless I tell you.

For all the stress she was under, for her itty bitty cord, for the meconium, her lateness and for what my doctor called an ugly and degenerating placenta....she was perfect and in her father's arms.

Relentless my daughter.

A time will come when I use this term freely with her again (I suspect she will be about 3) but for right now I am blessed, we are blessed by unrelenting perfection.





Thank you everyone for your warm wishes and loving remarks. It was a thrill to come home to.


Even if it had to be at the crack ass of "why the hell am I awake?" and with the newly forming skill of blogging one handed.

Like nursing. It is an art form.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh!!! She's gorgeous!!!

There are few things like that bliss that you feel. That feeling that "oh crap, I can't believe I just had a f**king BABY!!!" Is this really real???!!! But in a good way, of course.

They say sleep when Bo Peep sleeps. Which is hard to do because you feel like you're invincible. But then it catches up to you by about day 7-8. Or later. Or earlier.

That picture is priceless!

P.S. I think all of us are available for questions/advice but don't want to dump a bunch of junk on you unless you ask.

the new girl said...

Congrats!!

Oh, what a sweet, sweet little face. As a mother of an unrelenting girl I can tell you--it's never boring, friend. Enjoy this little bit of newborn drowsiness (if there is any, she looks pretty alert.)

She does look perfect. Perfect, I say.

xoxox
PS. I'm impressed that you use caps when typing one-handed.

PPS. Get a lactation consultant if you need one (it saved my life. And my nipples!)

Unknown said...

What's that saying...

Monday's child is fair of face,

Tuesday's child is full of grace.

Well, you were in labor Monday, so the "fair of face" still counts of course (I mean, look at that picture! Cute little cheeks and I'm guessing corn niblet toes too!). And I'm hoping "full of grace" will mean she won't fart at the dinner table like my little monsters.

I'm hoping you're able to sleep in stretches of a couple hours here and there. It will really help in the long run.

Anonymous said...

What an amazing story! I'm so glad everything worked out for the best. And how cute is she? Just beautiful! She looks like she's going to give you a run for your money. I hope Liz gives you some help on the nap-front - you will need it. Hugs to you new mama!

andi from Poot and Cubby

moosh in indy. said...

she's a perdy one!
Welcome to the club, I'm stoked to have you. Will you sit by me at lunch?
How about "relentless" or "the wiley" or "the sassy" for the blog name? "the sassy could be shortenend to "the sass" as needs be.

OhTheJoys said...

Congratulations! She is really beautiful!

Sitemeter