'Southern Caviar' AKA 'Cowboy Caviar'
Get a REALLY big bowl and mix together....
1 can each (drained and rinsed) of the following:
- Black Eyed Peas
- Black Beans
- Chick Peas
- 2 medium tomatoes; chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed (I use about 5 but I LOVE me some garlic)
- 1 medium bell pepper, red, orange, yellow...which ever you fancy
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 up parsley or cilantro chopped
- 8oz Italian salad dressing (bought or home made)
Chill at least 2 hours (ok) or overnight (better) to blend flavors. Serve with chips as dip or as bean salad on the side. Or just leave the container open on the counter when you are heating up, I mean cooking actual dinner so you can pick at it for an hour.Please be sure to make yummy noises where appropriate!
Now I have had an emotional night...something I might post about tomorrow... right now I need to go make brownies and eat the whole pan.