Thursday, November 1, 2007

50 True Things

1. I will not give the time of day to "Supermarket Stalkers". You know who you are. You have tables and pens and try to get me to sign/donate or express interest in your Fill in organization/charity here. (This rule does not apply to those pedaling girlscout cookies).

2. I didn't realize I had curly hair until I was about 16. Until then I thought it was just really frizzy.

3. If you are in the left hand lane and in front of me you are driving too slow.

4. One of my dearest dreams is to touch the grass at Giants Stadium. Is that shallow?

5. I believe my marriage is very much like my parents and that makes me happy.

6. The dream I had last night was that Howard Stern was electrocuting one of my cats, Bacon. It was horrifying.

7. The dream I had the other night involved hanging out with my friend Jenni from college, Christine from work, Angelina Jolie and Camryn Manheim. WTF?

8. I have actually left notes on peoples cars in parking lots like "If you cant park it don't drive it". I have also told people with great concern on my face that they may want to bring their cars in for service since I noticed their turn signals were not functioning.

9. My friend Jordan never fails to make me laugh.

10. I have seen the inside of every public restroom from NJ to VT.
Gross

11. I have a stash of Reese's Peanut Butter cups in a veggie burger box in my freezer.

12. I truly have only one regret in life and I never talk about it.

13. I consider the fact that my spouse can not properly work the dish washer or washing machine "Job Security".

14. Speaking of jobs...I miss my job every day but I don't actually miss doing my job...get it?

15. The people who live in my town are Jerry Springer crazy.

16. I can pretty much name any episode from Buffy the Vampire Slayer when given a brief description. Go on, challenge me...I know, I have problems.

17. I am very seldom naughty.

18. If I turn too quickly to the left I am likely to fall down.

19. I read blogs everyday...if I miss a day I actually feel withdrawal symptoms

20. I have a bedding fetish. Quilts, pillows, comforters, feather weights and thread counts make my knees go weak.

21. When I start reading a book I will finish it within 3 days or never. (I have piles of half read books I have lost interest in.)

22. I read the bible cover to cover. (I am not remotely religious and no that one didn't take 3 days.)

23. One of my oldest jokes...I am Irish and Jewish; I drink a lot and buy is wholesale.

24. In reality I don't drink ever, at all. Really.

25. I have however craved beer throughout my pregnancy. Weird....

26. I am dying for a cigarette. (It's been 9 months and I am wondering if the urge will ever go away.)

27. I have a lump in my jaw that may or may not be a "problem" (We will find out post-birth). I have named it 'Lumpy'. Creative I know...Names like Sven and Fredrick just didn't stick.

28. My two favorite meals ever; Ming's Dumplings from Rochester NY and Veggie Soup with Brown Bread from any pub Ireland.

29. The food in my current locale sucks.

30. If it was strictly up to me the baby's name would be McKenna or Leah for a girl and Henry for a boy. The Spouse hates all those names.

31. I have read The Stand, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (before it was cool to do so) and The Hunt for Red October about 6 times each.

32. On the subject of over kill....I can watch Love Actually or Pride and Prejudice over and over and over.

33. "Radio On" by Todd Sheaffer always makes me think of my brother.

34. I loathe summer but it wasn't always that way. Sometimes when I am trapped inside I feel like the girl in the bubble.

35. Friends don't let friends carry wicker.

36. My spouse completely disregards his health and it drives me i-n-s-a-n-e!

37. I love Broadway.

38. "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum" has been my favorite since I was a kid.
39. I am a vegetarian.

40. My life is like Passover these days...I must 'recline' on a regular basis or suffer the revenge of the flailing feet to my stomach and ribcage.

41. I wouldn't have it any other way.

42. I will never ever ever complain about cold weather, being cold or any manner of winter which may annoy most people. I am "taking back" a season!

43. Christmas is my favorite holiday and it has nothing to do with presents and everything to do with seeing my family.

44. I can (and do) talk to Liz endlessly through out the day and amazingly we never run out of things to talk about. It has been this way for years!

45. I tend to make friends for life or not at all.

46. I am currently going through the latter.

47. I have a mental illness totally related to the creation of meals that do not involve a box, microwave or menu.

48. I redeem myself by baking.

49. I woke up one day and realized I was more 'adult like' then I ever thought I would be.

50. True to form I take no responsibility for this...its all Spouses fault.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think it's scary that I have my own tag. Should anyone question any of these odd things I can verify every single one.. except the reading of Red October...I didn't know that, that book seems out of character for you.

Sitemeter