Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I feel so dirty!

I shouldn't have done it...I don't know what came over me.

Spouse brought home Burger King tonight. No I did not jump at his burger...yick. I don't eat Burger King...I don't eat fast food.

I never have....ever.
Not really veggie friendly. The occasional Wendy's baked potato but really that's it.

So I don't eat fast food...and along with the not eating of it I also don't drink soda.

Much.

I have partaken freely of Ginger Ale through out my pregnancy. Anything to help keep your food down I always say.

But tonight...Sitting there on the coffee table was Spouse's drink...a large COKE.

So like I said, I don't know what came over me. I picked it up and started gulping it down.

...and it was so0o0o0o0o0o good.

SO good!

Like crack. Not that I have ever or would ever try crack but I imagine this is what it would be like. A pure rush of delicious 'I know it is so bad for me' drug! It made me want more!

I have not had Coke in years! YEARS! Double digits.

Look how hyper I am from the sugar! I have used exclamation points six times already!
Ack...seven.

But tonight...oh tonight, that is all I want. He keeps glaring at me when I walk back into the room. I had to turn to the blog world to distract myself from the cold, syrupy, bubbly heaven with a straw that is in my house right now.

We do not buy soda...we do not even buy beer.

Apple juice. That is our vice.

But I understand now. I do not necessarily agree with it, but I understand the load full of Cola soda bottles in that ladies cart at the supermarket.
You know the one.

I will no longer judge her.

Much.



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Is the Ginger Ale you're drinking *real* Ginger Ale? Or is it Canada Dry? Because there's more real ginger in my big toe than in that stuff. It's nothing but high fructose corn syrup and bogus flavors.

Now if you're drinking real ginger ale that costs about $5 for a 4-pack, then that's the real stuff. Otherwise the Coke you drank isn't any worse than what you've been drinking already.

So cut yourself a little slack. Besides, I'm a Diet Coke addict. I'd smoke the stuff if I could!

Anonymous said...

I used to never touch soda, but craved Pepsi while pregnant with Arlo. I still have one a couple times a month - I know it's bad, but it's so very tasty.

Cheryl said...

I so didn't need to read this this morning... I can't stand coke- but you made it sound so..... appetizing. *lol* Now I want some!! :)

Unknown said...

I just ate a double cheeseburger combo from McDonald's in your honor. Sort of. I really just wanted some hot grease in a hurry, and I didn't want to get out of the car. I can smell the place from a mile away. It was kinda good, but I can feel my arteries clogging. Why do they make that place smell so damned good?

I should probably just eat birdseed and grass for the rest of the week. I need a shower. And probably a colonic. Not that I do that kind of thing, but I feel so gross.

The Diet Coke is still so good though. And the bag of Snickers minis I'm munching on. And I'm not even knocked up.

What's wrong with me? Mwaaaaaaaaa!

Anonymous said...

GASP!! A Coke! I can't believe it!

They are so good, and I miss them so much. I've even gone as far as to buy caffiene free pepsi so I can at least have something like the flavor in my mouth. More often than not, I take a swig from Hubby's soda when we're eating out just to get my fix.

Hey, maybe the babe will take offense to what you ingested and instantly want to get out.


Did it work?

Anonymous said...

McD's cheeseburger... YUMMY.. and a big ole Diet Coke to wash it down with. Glad to see you've joined the normal bubbly drinkers, even if only for a night :)

Cheryl said...

Ack! I need my Corie fix! She hasnt posted since Wednesday! Im a sad sad Corie stalker. lol

the new girl said...

lol.

I was so sick when I was pregnant that I couldn't drink more than (I swear) like 2 ounces of liquid at a time. I really don't even like soda in my real life but I SO remember craving a GIANT coke with lots of ice and a straw.

After I delivered, though, I was bliss-filled at the giant icy juice in big styrofoam cups. The coke was long forgotten.

Sitemeter